Edci338

Blog#4

How would you create a PLN prior to engaging a social media campaign on a topic of your choice? Choose a topic, consider your audiences, and consider how you would crate a social media campaign leveraging your PLN.

The first step in building an effective and spreading PLN is to determine your audience, and the purpose of doing so is to determine where your PLN platform needs to go.

First of all, I will choose the field that I am good at, or that I am interested in. Judging from the current global shopping trend, women have a strong purchasing power in beauty and clothing. As the main buyer in this area, I want to set up my PLN on Instagram, where I can share pictures, stories and videos. What I can confirm is that Instagram has made millions of people famous. Many people who share their travel photos or shopping summaries on instagram can get a lot of attention. If I want to make my PLN feel alive, I need to know what my strengths are. I love shopping for clothes and makeup, and even if I don’t share my shopping tips, they are part of my daily routine. This idea has been in my head for a long time. I can organize the products I buy into videos, along with my sense of use and ideas. Because I usually spend a lot of time in the exploration of niche and potential brands, I think most girls can not refuse these content. This is also the vlog favored by young people nowadays, not only because they like to buy, but also because it is a way to share their life. After the improvement of people’s living standards, the pursuit of quality of life also increases, people can see countless people’s way of life without going out, which is kind of attractive to many people.

When my PLN gets some attention, there will be many companies offering products for me to promote. This can be added to my income, which also reduces my searching time. Of course, it is my professional quality to screen excellent products for promotion, and not to bring false content to my audience can make my PLN operation more smooth. As for the promotion of my PLN, I think I can comment on my ideas under bloggers in the same field or hashtags, and I need to suggest a good relationship group. This helps the audience to see my content in relevant recommendations and show their presence in brand reviews. But I think the most important thing is to have your own personal characteristics and establish a bond between my audiences and me.

1. kylapattie

Hi Joerica!

Great choice on choosing to set up your PLN on Instagram! I definitely find the beauty and clothing community to be huge on Instagram. I have also noticed that it has shifted to TikTok as well, especially over Covid. It was great that you noted that it is your professional obligation to share products that you truly like and not recommend poor quality products. Establishing a trusting and reliable relationship with your audience is one of the most important elements to having a PLN.

Great blog post!

• joerica

Hi Kyla. Yes, I think it is necessary to build a trusting relationship with followers. PLN with fake content will never succeed!
      Love your comment.
      Joerica 🙂